Tuesday, April 9, 2013

04/09/13 - "5th Grade Grad"

The layout I am sharing today was actually created w/ some help from my daughter.

I was having severe scrappers block w/ this layout.
Everything I tried looked so "blah".

But my daughter stepped in and helped me out.
I was throwing paper combos together and I kept asking her opinion.
She was honest in telling me what she liked or disliked.
However, I still was not "feeling it".
I was actually about to forget the whole thing when she insisted upon a particular combo we had tried.
Although I wasn't thrilled w/ it, I figured I wasn't happy w/ anything else anyway, and since I was scrapping a picture of her, I might as well go w/ what she likes.

Here it is what we came up w/:

"5th Grade"
"Madison 2 months away from graduating from Elementary school"
 
My daughter helped me pic out the BG paper and scalloped circle picture mat.
I then added a matching 6x6 square of PP and a few "school" embellies to liven it up.
 
I think the reason I was having so much trouble was because I was trying to represent 2 different stages of life in the layout.
The picture is of my DD graduating Elementary and moving on to Middle school.
So in essence she is still a "little girl" graduating into a "big girl".
I wanted the layout to be not too babyish yet not too grown up.
A bit conflicting, no doubt!
In the end though I think I was able to convey that idea pretty well.
I  am happy w/ the end result!
When I thanked my daughter for helping me out, telling her the page came out really nice, she said,"That's cuz I have great taste in scrapbooking!" LOL!
 
(BTW - last time i checked this layout has been re-pinned on Pinterest 22 times! Wow! That makes me feel really good!)
 

4 comments:

  1. Very nice! That's awesome that she was able to find a look that she loves that works so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love love this!!! I loveeeeeeee the photo and loving the way you used Nikki's papers!!! CONGRATS on all the pins!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like it!! :) You guys both did a great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great combination of patterns and colors, Doreen! Great job! And thanks ever so much for stopping by my blog today! Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments!!! They really mean a lot to me!!!

03/27/23 Planning with Urban Journal Season Ink

My printer was having issues and I fixed it but during the interim I was not scrapping and lost my mojo ::le sigh:: But I've still been ...