Thursday, April 18, 2013

04/18/13 - SIT SKetch #109 Part 1

Good Thursday Morning Friends!

Stopping in to share the latest sketch challenge over at "Sketches In Thyme".

Here is the 2-page sketch that we are (hopefully) inspiring w/ this week:
 
Sketch #109


My interpretation:

"11"
 
*all papers are from Nikki Sivils' "It's Your Day" Collection*
 
I wound using the middle of the sketch as my inspiration; that's a first for me.
Usually w/ 2 page sketches I pick one side or the other but in this case my eye was drawn to the middle elements. 
Also, I took a lot of pictures of this event, however, I choose to pic only 4 pictures I thought really captured the story.  This is not something I usually do, as I can never seem to narrow down my pics into my absolute favs because usually they are ALL my faves, LOL! But there is definitely more freedom and room to move around when you don't have to worry about fitting every picture on the page!  I will definitely be doing more of this in the future.
BTW - just in case you're wondering, I do have a printed copy of every picture I took, I just didn't use them on my layout.
 
You have until the close of the month, on Tuesday, April 30, 2013, to link up your takes on this sketch and/or any of the other April sketches.  Your entry(ies) will put you in the running to be named one of our Top 3 and have the opportunity to guest design with us during the month of June!
 
Have fun, and good luck!!!
 

4 comments:

  1. I love that you just used the middle of the sketch! It looks fantastic! It's amazing how different a sketch can look when you shrink it, only use one part, stretch it, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love love this!! LOVING those photos and LOVING how you used Nikki's papers!!! GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! And, that cake looks HEAVENLY!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice layout. Very cute papers. I love layouts with more than 1 photo on it :D Great use of space :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments!!! They really mean a lot to me!!!

03/27/23 Planning with Urban Journal Season Ink

My printer was having issues and I fixed it but during the interim I was not scrapping and lost my mojo ::le sigh:: But I've still been ...