Saturday, July 6, 2013

7/7/13 - Scrap Africa Challenge: "Kitty Luv"

 
Hi!
Just stopping by to share my latest layout that I created for the sketch challenge going on at "Scrap Africa".
 
Here is the sketch:
 
 
 
And here is my layout:
 
"Kitty Luv"

 
I am a huge fan of circles and what caught my attention was the huge half circle at the top of the sketch... I thought "well, that's different!"  Then I had to figure out what to do w/ the rest of the sketch - yikes! That messy BG in the middle is not my style at all! What to do, what to do?!
Well I had just gotten a new kit from SB.com and I remembered it included a mask and some mist so I decided to try it out. I'm starting to get the hang of misting and although my design was a lot more "controlled" I thought the fact that I had mist on the outside edges of my mask went well w/ the whole "messy" look of the sketch. One day I'll be brave enough to actually do something more along the lines of what the sketch suggests, but for now...baby steps.
 
I had these old pictures of Panini lying around. They are of her when she was 3 months old; approximately 1 year ago. I didn't know what to title the layout since I have scrapped so many pictures of her already but as I was looking at her cute little face I kept thinking "Awww...I love her so much!" so "Kitty Luv" became my title.
 
When I was putting this together I really had no idea where it was going... I just kinda went w/ the flow as I found items in my stash.  In keeping w/ my 'keep it simple approach' to scrapping I just added a little bit of doodling, a few stickers a handwritten quote that I found on the internet, and finally my title. A lot of the items are old: the huge flower (Sassafrass), the title letters, the cat collar frame, and the "You Are Such a Blessing" sticker.
I just love when I use up my older items!!!
 
 
 
 

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful!Thanks for playing along with Scrap Africa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love this!! LOVING that masking and the hearts! Thanks for playing along with Scrap Africa!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great, fun page....super kitty photo's! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Scrap Africa! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. you were on a roll!! cute layout :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely page!! thank you for joining us at Scrap africa, Channa

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am always a sucker for kitten photos so this one will get a big AUHW from me...lol! Thank you for playing along with us at Scrap Africa!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful page! Thank you for playing along at Scrap Africa. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments!!! They really mean a lot to me!!!

03/27/23 Planning with Urban Journal Season Ink

My printer was having issues and I fixed it but during the interim I was not scrapping and lost my mojo ::le sigh:: But I've still been ...