Saturday, January 18, 2014

01/18/14 - "Tree Decorating"

Another day, another challenge.
My Friday off was a success! Not only did I get everything done I needed to do, I also had fun in my scraproom and created 2 layouts.
I shared one yesterday, (here), and I am sharing the other today:
 
"Tree Decorating"
 
 
This one was inspired by:
 this sketch from "Creative Scrappers"
 



and
by the current Fabulous Friday Challenge at "Frosted Designs"
which is to use polka dots.
 

 
The layout didn't come together as easily as I would have liked.
In fact there were a couple of moments when I wanted to trash it! But I kept going and in the end it came out even better than I thought. Good thing because I hate spending lots of time on a layout and then having to throw it out and start all over.
 I'm sure you know that feeling!
 Here's hoping you don't have that feeling anytime soon!
TFSB!
xoxo

10 comments:

  1. I always love seeing how you interpret a sketch. I can always find the inspiration (eventually) but you never fail to put your own twist into it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute. Love the polka dot papers :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love this! LOVING the photos, the star and the scallop paper!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no, I LOVE this layout! And your tree is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the papers you used! Thanks for joining in at Frosted Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely page and pics!!!
    Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous!! :) And I echo Cindy's comment - you always amaze me with how you interpret a sketch. Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those pictures are so awesome, and I love the way you incorporated so many of them on the page. Very, very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love your fun & festive layout. thanks for joining us at frosted designs for the polka dot challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your layout is awesome! Thanks for playing along with us at Frosted Designs for out Polka Dots challenge!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments!!! They really mean a lot to me!!!

03/27/23 Planning with Urban Journal Season Ink

My printer was having issues and I fixed it but during the interim I was not scrapping and lost my mojo ::le sigh:: But I've still been ...