Wednesday, April 15, 2015

04/15/15 - Reading Challenge

Well, hello there!
It's been a while, hasn't it?!

I've been happy but busy.
Too much to detail...but if you are a follower of my Instagram, you know what I've been up to.
(If not and in case you want to be, my IG name is Mrs_David_Vasquez.)

I HAVE NOT done any scrapbooking since my last post.
I HAVE been a little bit creative recently...
I will share more about that in another post (maybe...LOL I haven't written a blog post in a while; don't want to pressure myself)

Today I will share w/ a you one of the hobbies that has been keeping me busy so far in 2015:
Reading!

I have loved to read since I was a kid and have tried very hard to keep up w/ it all my life.
Sometimes it was easier than other times but it never was a hobby that completely disappeared.

It was one of my goals to read more this year.
To help me w/ that goal I have been inspired by this list: "2015 Reading Challenge"

Which I found through this blog: "Lauren Likes".
Scroll down to item #7 on her list and you will find the link to the above "challenge" as well as a few other reading challenges. 
I picked the one I did because it has the feel of a scavenger hunt.
Scavenger Hunt = Fun!


So far I have:
  • A book with more than 500 pages:  "Allegiant"
  • A book that became a movie:  "Silver Linings Playbook"
  • A book with a number in the title:  "Three Wishes" (Currently Reading)
  • A funny Book:  "Seriously...I'm Kidding"  (Currently Reading)
  • A book by a female Author:  "Girls in Trouble"
  • A popular author's first book: "Still Alice" 
  • A memoir:  "Yes, Please"
  • A book that is set in high school: "The Perks of Being a Wallflower"
  • A book by an Author you never read before: "The Fault in Our Stars"
Total books: 9

Through this challenge I have read some very good books and discovered some new authors...
A couple of those authors, whose other books I am very eager to read: John Green ( author of The Fault In Our Stars) and  Lisa Genova (author of Still Alice), and an author I am curious to try again: Liane Moriarty (author of Three Wishes*).
*I'm actually having a little bit of trouble getting though this book but I have read a lot of reviews that state this book is actually her worst. Based on that information, I will finish this one and give another of her more acclaimed books a try.

Hopefully I will be able to complete the challenge, IDK though, some of those categories are difficult, but if not I will have at least have had fun trying!

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE to read!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just recently read "The Martian: A Novel" by Andy Weir!! Seriously the BEST BOOK I have ever read!! Highly recommend it!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie - thanks for the recommendation. I love hearing about good books from others!! I love to read too. Are you on goodreads?

      Delete
  2. I love to read too. It's #2 to crafting for me. It feels like such a luxury when I can sit and read, read, read. I'm in the middle of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, as well as Third Grade Angels. (I read every book that Trevor finishes, so I always have at least one 'adult' book and multiple kids' books going. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of the books I read are borrowed from my son. He is 19 (almost 20) and a huge reader like I am so whenever he buys books, I usually wind up reading them as well! I like to read on my Kindle and he likes to read actual books. I generally read Kindle book and one "real" book at a time but as quickly as he reads and buys new books, I find myself falling behind! It is cool and cost-effective (for me) that my son has a library of new books for me to borrow though!

      Delete
  3. Doreen - glad to see you on here!! Thanks for sharing this post. I love to read too. I want to read Still Alice and I see that Julie posted another book I will add to my list. And I just realized that we were married the same year a couple of days apart. We are the 14th. :) Are you on goodreads? If so let's connect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like an awesome challenge. I love to read...I get a bit obsessive when I read and don't like to sleep because I have to find out what happens! haha Good luck on completing the list :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments!!! They really mean a lot to me!!!

03/27/23 Planning with Urban Journal Season Ink

My printer was having issues and I fixed it but during the interim I was not scrapping and lost my mojo ::le sigh:: But I've still been ...