Wednesday, February 3, 2016

02/01/16 - I'm Getting Messy


I have been so busy and thus so behind as far as blogging!

But I wanted to make time to share this.

Many moons ago I shared w/ you some pages I made for an art journal group called "Get Messy":
Who Am I,   Adventure,  Gratitude,  One Word.

I had a great time following their prompts when they were free, but then they changed the program and it required a membership fee.
No worries...
I get it, it's a business.
But I hadn't had enough experience w/ them to decide if I wanted to pay for a membership...
also remember, I am the self-appointed "Queen of Unfinished Projects".
I recently (within the past 6 months) discovered and started following them and some of their Creative Team on IG and I was really inspired again, not only to join but to really get into my art journaling!
I decided that I wanted to join.
I looked into it and saw that it was temporarily closed to new members.
Darn it!
Eventually they launched a "new and improved" version of their program and when pre-registration opened I saw that they raised the membership price...
Again, I get it, it's a business...
But as the "Queen of Unfinished Projects" I couldn't justify the cost... not without more experience.
So I was REALLY bummed about not being able to join.

Fast Forward a few weeks and one of the "Get Messy" Creative Team peeps that I follow on IG was having a giveaway.
The prize? A year long membership to the program!
So I entered, thinking there was no way I would win...
But, yes, you guessed it... I did!
Yay me!!!!!!

So I am now a "Get Messian" as they call us!



I wanted to share this w/ you not only because I'm excited but because I will be sharing lots of art journal pages that will be inspired by "Get Messy" and I wanted you to be aware beforehand what it was all about.

I have already created 4 art journal pages inspired by the program (and it just opened on February 1st).
But I need to get my butt in gear and photograph and upload them!! <--- Bad girl!

I will be doing that soon and when I do I will share them w/ you.
Excited about this new journey/experience!

4 comments:

  1. super exciting! Can't wait to see your pages :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! Nothing more exciting than winning something you really want but can't justify buying. Looking forward to seeing your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I am soo happy for you! It was perfect and ment for you!! You will love it and have so much fun! Cant wait to see your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's AWESOME!!! Can't wait to see what you make!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments!!! They really mean a lot to me!!!

03/27/23 Planning with Urban Journal Season Ink

My printer was having issues and I fixed it but during the interim I was not scrapping and lost my mojo ::le sigh:: But I've still been ...