Friday, January 6, 2017

01/06/17 - December "Ugly Paper" Challenge

For the December Ugly Paper Challenge.

Reminder of the rules:

1. After signing up, the host gives your name and address to another participant
2. The other participant sends you 2 "ugly" papers and at least one ugly embellishment
3. You MUST use both papers; the embellishment(s) is optional
4. You are allowed to use other items as well, as long as the 2 "ugly" papers are included in the layout
5. You are allowed to alter the papers and, if used, the embellishment(s) but they must still be recognizable




December "Uglies" 
 
 
and my completed layout:
 
 
"Selfie Stick Fun"
Journaling: "Joseph and Me trying out my new selfie stick before heading to the
Breast Cancer 5k walk.
10.04.15"
 
I almost didn't get this done because my December was more chaotic then I thought it would be!
I created and uploaded this to the challenge thread on December 30th; December 31st was the due date.
I was happy not only to have it done, but to be done in time to join January's "Ugly Paper" Challenge (you'll see that in a future post)!
The "Ugly Paper" Challenge is one of my favorites!
 
 
This layout was also influenced by the December "Music Challenge"
This was for Category #4: Song - The inspiration song was Silent Night.
I used the lyric "Mother and Child" from the song.
I also included the *twist* of a black BG
 
 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also included in the following SB.com December Challenges:
 

>Sticker Challenge
28 Used:
-Alphas (26)
-journaling/file tab
-"Hope"
*INCLUDES TWIST* of using stickers off of 3 different sticker sheets.

>Hoarders
31 items:
-"memories"
-Buttons(2)
-Alphas (26)
-"Hope" sticker
-journaling/file tab sticker
*INCLUDES TWIST(s)* of using 12 or more hoarded items AND an old tool: I used my hexagon punch
 

5 comments:

  1. Doreen - I always love to see what you do with the ugly papers! I think I have these exact same papers in my stash! You layout is beautiful - you did a fantastic job with these papers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another fantastic ugly paper success! I don't know how you do it! I love that you don't even try to hide or mute the papers - you just embrace them and make them work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loveeeeeee what you did with those papers! This is fabulous!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww looks like you guys were having too much fun! I sure do have a lot of ugly paper in my stash! Way to go on that 5k!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments!!! They really mean a lot to me!!!

03/27/23 Planning with Urban Journal Season Ink

My printer was having issues and I fixed it but during the interim I was not scrapping and lost my mojo ::le sigh:: But I've still been ...